Aquanaut 200 continually getting stuck

Mar 23, 2011
Monaco
Hello All, been quite a while since I have been in the forum...I know this is the best place for good information...I have the Hayward Aquanaut 200...I purchased this unit because all the reviews at the time said this was one of the best suction cleaners...the problem I have - the bottom/wall connection is fairly sharp...what happens is that the cleaner tries to climb the wall...the hose tilts backwards and then it just sits there with the wheels spinning...as long as the hose is horizontal it can not back out...if I can manage to keep the hose vertical it will back out ok... At the moment I have 2 floats on the hose - 1 at about 30cm and the other a little further away...I have tried moving these around in many positions but have not found the ideal setup that allows the cleaner to happily wander around the pool...The pool is concrete with ceramic tiles...I have recently changed the tires and it has not helped...
Any ideas on float placement or should I try and add more floats to keep the hose vertical?

Thanks for any input from you kind folks...

Hello Jonathan and welcome back to the fourm! :wave: Any luck yet on that cleaner to keep it from getting stuck? I don't have one, so I can't help, but the more we keep your post moving the more chances someone else will. So feel free to re-post as much as you need to for help. Have a nice day.

Hi I was wondering if anybody else is having issues with straight walls with the Aquanaut 200. I have a straight wall at the shallow end of my pool and steps. I'm considering getting the Aquanaut 200 because my old Hayward Blu keeps getting stuck there. I want to stay with a suction powered model for convenience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.