Aquamatic Cover - Hydraulic Power Pack

rwright88

May 2, 2020
Wake Forest, NC
Hello all,

Not sure if anyone has been down this path before, but I am thinking we need to replace our Hydraulic Power Pack for our Aquamatic Hydramatic Pool Cover. I was looking at the part online and I can't believe that it is running about $3k. Link to Part Well, I guess I can believe it; it is a pool part.

The motor trips the break randomly and nothing in tracing back the power indicates any other trip point. It seems to get really hot and I am thinking that is what ends up tripping the breaker. It is 21 years old and probably time for a replacement anyway, but there is the problem. If I were to only replace the electric motor it would be about $600 but the rust on the hydraulic assemble is probably going lead to a replacement to that as well. Has anybody gone down the path of looking at alternatives? I mean an electric motor and hydraulic power pack for any other use would be a lot cheaper.

Just wondering if anyone would have any thoughts or experience doing something else.

Thank you in advance!

Rick

Google tells me that some hydraulic motors can be repaired. I wonder if its worth finding a machine shop that will work on it?

I had to replace my electric cover motor due to a lightening strike :(. Not as costly as hydraulic, thankfully.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.