aqualink rs6 and jandy actuators

nickcasa75

Mar 18, 2023
orlando fl
just wanted to say thanks for all the help here, new pool owner in orlando fl. my house came with this system, but i have no idea how it is programmed. i factory reset the thing b/c different actuators were firing at different hours during the day turning the waterfalls off and on. i have the manual, but it doesn't mention how to program the actuators at all. i have 3 on the pool equipment. 1 for spa suction vs pool suction, 1 for pool return vs spa return and a 3rd for pool return vs waterfalls, makes perfect sense, i get it. i just dont know how to program these things. can anyone point me to a resource? ive googled and youtube'd the Crud out of it and can't find anything that remotely points me in the right direction. i'm an engineer by trade and this has me stumped, thank you all.

You cannot program or control the actuators on the suction and return diverters. They are hard wired in the Aqualink and controlled by the POOL and SPA modes. And you can have a SPILLOVER mode on AUX3 if you turn on dipswitch3. See Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

For your waterfall actuator you need to assign it on the ASSIGN JVA page to an AUX. Then you can schedule the AUX.

3isytDQ.png

Do you have iAqualink?

This help?

but it doesn't mention how to program the actuators at all. i have 3 on the pool equipment. 1 for spa suction vs pool suction, 1 for pool return vs spa return and a 3rd for pool return vs waterfalls, makes perfect sense, i get it. i just dont know how to program these things.
The INTAKE (suction) and RETURN actuators are preprogrammed on the PCB. You can look at the PCB layout and see that those 2 actuators plug directly into the board and they automatically turn 180 degrees when selecting POOL and SPA mode.
See picture below where it shows the 24V JVA sockets in lower rightside.
Jandy PCB with Dip Switches.PNG

Your waterfall JVA (Jandy Valve Actuator) must be using either the Solar or Cleaner socket. You can trace that wire
That is programed on the ASSIGN JVA screen in AquaLink.

Come back with additional questions.

I like that picture, so here's the rub. aux1 is air blower, 2 is waterfall / IFCS , 3 is led lights
Can you show us a picture of the control box that is outside by the pool equipment? Take an overview picture of the equipment pad as well. Show the control box with the cover panel in place and another with panel removed.
We need to see where the relays are.

Show a picture of the inside panel as well.

Can you show us a picture of the control box that is outside by the pool equipment? Take an overview picture of the equipment pad as well. Show the control box with the cover panel in place and another with panel removed.
We need to see where the relays are.

Show a picture of the inside panel as well.
I'm good now. The picture of the panel with the ports really helped me! I traced them all out, now I just need to handle the programming on the panel inside my home on the rs8

I'm good now. The picture of the panel with the ports really helped me! I traced them all out, now I just need to handle the programming on the panel inside my home on the rs8
OK that is fine.
I was just trying to help with your comment "so here's the rub. aux1 is air blower, 2 is waterfall / IFCS , 3 is led lights" and "the rs8 panel inside my home. i hate it, so archaic with all the menus and such." that a simply upgrade (depending on what is already in place) may be feasible to go to iAqualink and full programmability from your computer or phone app.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jandy has two indoor control panels. One is called the All Button, the other is the One Touch.

Show us a pic of what you have so we are on the same page.

I like that picture, so here's the rub. aux1 is air blower, 2 is waterfall / IFCS , 3 is led lights
Sounds like you have an RS4 system that only gives you 3 AUX. That is very constraining.

Jandy has the RS6 Aqualink board with 5 AUX and the RS8 with 7 AUX.

If you get the iAqualink upgrade kit it gets you an RS8 board.

That is the All Button panel. The oldest and least capable of the Aqualink controllers.

It says RS6. How many relays do you have in the panel?

Try and schedule AUX4 or 5 and see if the board recognizes them.

You can then move the light to AUX4 and enable SPILLOVER on AUX3 if you want.

my jva's are all 3 wire and its dark as heck outside so i'll check it in the morning, however based on memory i am using these 3 ports. first 2 for spa vs pool discharge and suction for pool / spa mode as you mentioned. the 3rd pushes water to either the ifcs or waterfalls

Attachments

• 12121.jpg
    12121.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2