Aqualink RS PDA

RonLeah

Mar 24, 2022
California
I have the Jandy AquaLink RS, with interface - PDA system. Like others, my PDA is stuck on waiting. I tried to reset the channel and the PDA will not get out of the learn mode. I am assuming my problem is the J-Box because I turned off the power and removed the 9V battery and am still having the problem. I have read your links and am not sure if I can simply buy a new J-Box or do I need to up grade to the iAquaLink system?
IMG_3607.jpg

You can buy antenna on ebay. I upgraded my PDA system to the iQ30-RS which includes a new Antenna and PCB. I did the upgrade because my PDA was acting up and a used one was over $500 at the time and I really wanted to have accessibility via phone app and PC. Maybe show a picture of your PDA - is it the dark blue or the white one?

The J-Box for the PDA system is likely the grey/black box (pictured below). The RS/Web J-Box is Blue/White.

jandy_rec.jpg

@RonLeah what revision PDA/RS do you have?

You can buy antenna on ebay. I upgraded my PDA system to the iQ30-RS which includes a new Antenna and PCB. I did the upgrade because my PDA was acting up and a used one was over $500 at the time and I really wanted to have accessibility via phone app and PC. Maybe show a picture of your PDA - is it the dark blue or the white one?
Thank you for responding. The PDA is black and the J-Box is grey. Yesterday I opened up the AquaLink box to see how difficult it will be to upgrade the system or replace the J-Box. After closing everything up I tried to reset the channel and was successful. It allowed me to reset the time and pump program again so I am back in business, not sure how long it is going to work.
IMG_3611.jpg

Good luck with your current set up and hope it stays functional for you. I enjoyed the PDA and it was easy for the family to turn things on but the app connection is very convenient for me especially when traveling.

The actual upgrade is not difficult, but Jandy only sells through authorized dealers and they want to install. The authorized installer also gives you a 3 yr warranty. You change the complete board and all the plug ins just go from the old board to the new board. Then you install the new antenna and connect it to the board. Then you have to download the app and connect it all up to the internet. There are some dealers on eBay selling the iQ30-RS package but they were more expensive for just the hardware then from my local supplier so in total, I paid just about 8% more to have it installed and got the 3 yr warranty. I think I paid about $1700 in total.

I do not have much confidence in the old system but will hang on as long as I can. I will reach out to Leslie's Pool Supply to give me a quote for the upgraded system. I do like the idea of using my phone instead of the PDA. Thank you for your support and have a great week.

Yea, I had same problem and changed channel years ago and its been working okay, sometimes it goes to waiting but then eventually pops back to connecting. I toyed with the idea of the Iaqualink a long time back. I remember when I looked you could buy the kit for like 500 dollars on ebay I think. I would not be spending 1700 to upgrade, just not worth it to me. I am concerned that at some point though the PDA is going to go out and the price of those is sky high as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.