Aqualink RS Issue: Missing equipment on display

mcinlb

Aug 24, 2017
Long Beach, CA
We've got a Jandy Aqualink RS + Aquapure SWCG. Noticed the last few days, when our pool turns on in the am, the Aquapure SWCG status (Chlorine % + Salt PPM does not show up on the display in our home. But, if I use the control panel to shut the system down and then start it back up, the status of the SWCG generator then shows up on the LCD Panel.

Is there something I can check to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

I don't have a SWCG or the inside controller, I simply use my phone and my computer.
However, @PoolGate has iAquaLink and a SWCG so may be able to provide more info.

After you reset the system from outside, you state the inside LED shows the equipment. Does it disappear over time? When do you not see it on the inside LED?

I’ve had this issue with my aquapure as well. It’ll stop appearing from the rs interface occasionally. It’s working and enabled outside in the separate power distribution box and a reset of the aqua link always fixes it, without having to reset the swg power itself.

I believe it’s some bug with the RS232 communication. For me it seems roughly correlated after I adjust the %age from the rs interface (Like a day or two later it’ll stop showing)

Yep I get the same thing once in awhile. I just turn the "filter pump" off and back on and it comes back. I have been meaning to re-seat the RS232 cable. It continues to work, however, you just can't see or control it from the remotes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.