Aqualink RS Controller and Hayward Ecostar Pump

Strop

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Hi,

I have a Hayward Ecostar pump and was recently obtained a used Aqualink RS controller for cheap. I'm not familiar with the various automation systems on the market but the Aqualink RS seems straightforward. I've been googling but haven't been able to find a definitive answer if the Aqualink controller can communicate with the Hayward pump (via serial communication)? It seems like the answer is no but I'm wondering if there is some type of upgrade for the Aqualink RS that would make it compatible with a greater range of pumps?

At a more basic level how do I identify which Aqualink RS system I have, RS4, RS6, etc?

Thanks,

Strop

Aqualink only supports (other than Jandy) Intelliflo VS and VF VSPs via serial cable (full control). It can control other pumps on/off for all models or via relays for pump speeds if that is how they are set up. However, this is not optimal since Aqualinks have a limited # of relays they support. To see what version you can use any of the interfaces (PDA, WEB, etc) in the help section. I don't think any version of Aqualink supports a greater range of pumps. And in order to upgrade your Aqualink software you need a new system control board which run around $600 or so (new). Used usually can be found on eBay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.