Aqualink RS control of VS pumps

lakeboater

Bronze Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Naples, FL
I have an Aqualink RS with iAqualink 2.0 system which has worked very well for me for the past several years. I have version T.2

A friend of mine just purchased a home with RS and also has version T.2. He recently had a Superflo VS pump installed. I explained to him the extra benefits of having the automation control the pump speed when pool or spa heating, and thought the RS system could be configured to do this without iAqualink.

When I searched the TFP forum for insight I found an Aqualink article (which is excellent and was obviously a lot of work). I found a statement that iAqualink installation was required to get VS pumps set up. However, when I read the online documentation installation manual for RS systems (O.2 level), it says that the VS set-up is under System Set-up and details the steps to perform.

I know when I go to my menu on the All Button panel, the VS setup menu is not shown, but I thought that this might be due to my iAqualink system. BTW, the All Button panels for our homes are probably from the original installation in the year 2000.

Does anyone have insight on this issue?

The All Button panel lacks many new features that can be accessed through the iAqualink app including VS pump support.

Aqualink works with Pentair Intelliflo pumps. Superflo VS pumps have a different drive and controls and work differently then the Intelliflo. I am not sure if the Superflo VST pump will work. And is that a Superflo VS or VST pump?

@PoolGate runs an IntelliFlo pump on his iAqualink system.

Have him spend the $ on the iAqualink. The AQ RS has the brains to manage the VSP without the iAqualink but as others have mentioned, success has to do with the rs485 interface to whatever control pad he may be using. I have 3 Intelliflo's on an Aqualink RS T.2 with iAqualink 3.0. No problem. Water feature, spa jets, filter pump all show up in the app - of course you need to use the 24vdc relays with the comm cable, not the 240vac dumb relay switches.