aqualink PS4 PDA not connecting

belleringer

Apr 27, 2020
dallas, texas
I have an aqualink PS4 PDA remote controller. It had been working perfectly up until the other evening. I used it to run the filter pump overnight and the next time I went to use it, the display only shows 'waiting' and does not connect to the control panel. the display typically states 'waiting' and blinks on/off while it takes the 15 seconds or so to connect. I just need to know the possibility of either the PDA has gone out or maybe the RF J-Box transmitter is out [or both?]. This will be the 6th season for the pool; we typically do not use the controller very often, mostly during the winter months to operate the spa and heater system. What kind of service life do these PDA have; ours has never been wet or left in the heat or cold. Always kept in the house.

Any ideas or ways I could troubleshoot; certainly do not want to buy a $1k++ PDA controller if its possible the J box is out and 'only' costs ~$250. Does jandy sell remanufactured units?

Any assistance is appreciated.

As in hit the rest button? I have powered the system off using the main power feed; the contractor installed a simple outlet switch ahead of the controller panel which powered the controller off … only let it stay off for a few minutes; same afterwards including the programing for the pool filter and cleaner systems on/off cycles … I am a bit wary of using the reset as I don't want to loose the programing and be unable to re-set up the programing if this doesn't solve the PDA 'waiting' issue. Thanks much for the reply ...

As in hit the rest button? I have powered the system off using the main power feed; the contractor installed a simple outlet switch ahead of the controller panel which powered the controller off … only let it stay off for a few minutes; same afterwards including the programing for the pool filter and cleaner systems on/off cycles … I am a bit wary of using the reset as I don't want to loose the programing and be unable to re-set up the programing if this doesn't solve the PDA 'waiting' issue. Thanks much for the reply ...

Sorry I mean just power off the whole Aqualink and let it boot up again. Also you could trace the PDA antenna to the connection in the Aqualink panel and make sure it is seated properly.

If you can't get it working, upgrade to an "RS" system. You'll need the IQ20-RS upgrade package. You'll gain full internet browser and smartphone control of your system and never need to use the PDA again. Should be cheaper than fixing the PDA. Then sell your PDA on ebay for $400 to recoup 1/2 your RS upgrade expense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.