mkmscr

Mar 1, 2013
Charlotte, USA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I noticed my AquaLink Air Sensor is way off with its temp readings. This is problematic since my freeze protection is triggered by this sensor. It’s reading a lot higher than actual air temp. It’s not in the sun and mostly I’m concerned at night when it’s getting into the 30s. 1) do these go bad and 2) I don’t think you can calibrate the air sensor so is there anything else to try other than try to replace?

I know they’re easy to replace but I want to checking I was missing something obvious. Do the boards go bad?

Thank you.

There’s no calibration for the air sensor so all you can do is replace it when it’s bad.

But with that said it may be a problem with its location. It really needs to be in full shade and away from the environment of the pool equipment. I had problems with mine reading high as I had it mounted near the pool equipment on the north west side of the house. In the late afternoons the sun would hit that side of the house and heat up the air around the sensor even though it was shaded. I also noticed that it would creep up a few degrees when both the main pump and spa jet pump were running for a while. The warm air discharged from the pumps also affected the sensor readings.

I moved the sensor under a shaded covered patio area on the north side of the house so that it’s away from the sun and the pool equipment and it now reads accurately.

You might want to try and move its location to see if the readings improve.

And if you do end up replacing it there’s no need to get the expensive Jandy part, there are a lot of cheap knock-off replacements on Amazon and they will work just fine for the air sensor.

There’s no calibration for the air sensor so all you can do is replace it when it’s bad.

But with that said it may be a problem with its location. It really needs to be in full shade and away from the environment of the pool equipment. I had problems with mine reading high as I had it mounted near the pool equipment on the north west side of the house. In the late afternoons the sun would hit that side of the house and heat up the air around the sensor even though it was shaded. I also noticed that it would creep up a few degrees when both the main pump and spa jet pump were running for a while. The warm air discharged from the pumps also affected the sensor readings.

I moved the sensor under a shaded covered patio area on the north side of the house so that it’s away from the sun and the pool equipment and it now reads accurately.

You might want to try and move its location to see if the readings improve.

And if you do end up replacing it there’s no need to get the expensive Jandy part, there are a lot of cheap knock-off replacements on Amazon and they will work just fine for the air sensor.
Agreed. It’s been in the same shaded spot for 3 years with no problems. I ordered a knock off sensor for $20 to see if it resolves the issue. Let’s see if that works.

The temperature sensor is a 10K thermistor. You can measure its resistance with a multimeter and put a 10K resistor connected to the board and see if it reads 76-77F.

10K_thermistor_chart.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.