Aquacal vs Hayward heat pumps?

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
Looking for opinions on reliability and use. In my contract I have an Aquacal SQ150VS (their new variable speed heat pump) which I had done research on and felt pretty good about. My pool builder uses all Hayward equipment and the PM just called me asking why I chose Aquacal and that they installed a couple for customers and ultimately pulled them out and put in Haywards. When I initially did my research, it seemed like Haywards heat pumps weren't their most important product and didn't see alot of attention, whereas Aquacal only manufactures heat pumps and put a lot of R&D in. Just curious of some real world reliability/use for both brands. I understand that my Omnilogic won't control the Aquacal, but their App seems easy enough to use so not a deal breaker.

You should look into who can service either brand HP locally. HP are like AC systems and need periodic maintenance. Problem seems to be in some areas pool guys just know how to work on gas heaters and AC guys will not work on pool equipment.

Eventually either HP will need service. Know who you can call for repairs on what you buy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.