Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all,
My wife and I are in the process of getting a pool (signed contract, waiting for permits), and we have 2 options for heat pumps. The one that is included with the pool is the Pentair 120Q. Pool guy says it’s a quality unit. The upgraded heat pump ($500 more) is the Aquacal SQ145. Looks like they are the same (roughly) BTU’s. He says the Aquacal is more efficient and quieter. I don’t care about the noise as it will be too far away from the pool for me to care. So, does anyone have knowledge of both and can tell me if it would be worth the upcharge? Or positives/negatives of either? If it matters, the pool will have a hot tub attached, and pool will be approximately 16,000 gallons. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP :)

I have no heater or heat pumps but I do have a brand new air conditioner from Carrier that has the scroll technology and will go from 1 ton to 5 ton to keep the house exactly where we set it... Best thing in life, has saved us over 150 dollars a month because it only runs what it needs to.... When they add the heat and cool you are able to keep it at your perfect set temp and it will keep it there cold or hot... about 10 to 16 hours a day it only runs on 1 ton of cooling...

With the heat, cool, variable speed and titanium heat exchanger my vote is for the SQ120R or the SQ166R... longer lasting and runs lower energy when needed.. if you also get a VSF water pump you are way ahead of the pack...

011056 IntelliFlo VSF Pump

Hi all,
My wife and I are in the process of getting a pool (signed contract, waiting for permits), and we have 2 options for heat pumps. The one that is included with the pool is the Pentair 120Q. Pool guy says it’s a quality unit. The upgraded heat pump ($500 more) is the Aquacal SQ145. Looks like they are the same (roughly) BTU’s. He says the Aquacal is more efficient and quieter. I don’t care about the noise as it will be too far away from the pool for me to care. So, does anyone have knowledge of both and can tell me if it would be worth the upcharge? Or positives/negatives of either? If it matters, the pool will have a hot tub attached, and pool will be approximately 16,000 gallons. Thanks in advance.
Which one did you get? I am in similar situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.