AquaCal Autopilot 75003 Questions

psualum

Bronze Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
Douglassville, PA
New pool as of last year. Not convinced the Autopilot has worked properly ever.

A few days ago, I got a warning "Low Amps - Cell?". I checked out the troubleshooting section of the manual and followed suggestions. At that time, the salt content was 3100 ppm, 5 V and 0.5 A. Clearly looked like not enough power to the cell????

Today I pulled out the cell, did a manual maintenance (even though no visible scaling) by putting water/muriatic acid in the cell to clean it. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, dumped and reconnected.

When the pump, Autopilot were restarted I now have a reading of 3000 ppm, 17 V and 4.9 A.

Wondering, .....what is normal? Pool water is 91 degrees right now.

Any thoughts/ideas would be great!

Thanks
Matt

Ok, through restart ramp up period. Warning is back

Ive taken a number of additional readings which are fluctuating wildly:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]29v 2.1 a[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2V 2.5 a (yup 2 v)

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]21v 3.4 a

suggestions???[/FONT][/FONT]

Matt,

Have you done a manual check of the salt reading to make sure the Pool Pilot is reading the salt content properly?

There is a small metal strainer screen on the Pool Pilot plumbing manifold. It is on the pipe adjacent to the cell. There is a label which reads "clean union screen regualarly". Have you checked this strainer screen for any blockages?

Josh

Matt,

Have you done a manual check of the salt reading to make sure the Pool Pilot is reading the salt content properly?

There is a small metal strainer screen on the Pool Pilot plumbing manifold. It is on the pipe adjacent to the cell. There is a label which reads "clean union screen regualarly". Have you checked this strainer screen for any blockages?

Josh

Hi Josh:

Yes, I've done both. On Saturday I took a water sample to the pool store specifically to confirm the salt content. It was spot on at 3100 ppm.

Additionally, I did all of the suggested maintenance and self-checks in the owner's manual including removing and cleaning the screen (it was spotless by the way), removed the cell (plugged it, put the water/acid combo in and let it sit for 20 minutes)....but really didn't have any scaling to don't think that is the issue.

Finally, got AquaCal/Autopilot on the phone yesterday. They don't think the installer set up the parameters inside the unit correctly. They had the unit set at power setting 1 and with the temps here (over 90 degrees) and a 26,000 gallon pool, they don't think it was sufficient. Upon switching to power setting two, the readings went to 17 volts, 6.5 amps which they said is perfect for the setting.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for your response.

Matt

Autopilot did a ton of troubleshooting with me and finally agreed the unit was defective. Sent pool builder out to replace a few parts and when here it was determined there was too much wrong with it to fix it. They replaced the entire unit. Now throwing up 19 V 6.5 amps which I believe to be about perfect on power setting two with the cell we have. I looks like it is generating chlorine. I just need to dial it in now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.