aquaBRIGHT Finish

Kouri

Bronze Supporter
Feb 5, 2017
Central Florida
I recently saw a posting about aquaBRIGHT and was intrigued enough to investigate. Since I've already contracted for a new plaster finish my interest would be a future project. Questions:

The product is called Eco -- what makes it eco since it's basically plastic?
Plastic often has chemical properties that might be harmful to one's health -- any studies on that?
Any allergic reactions reported?
Anyone have Aqua Bright? Like or dislike and why.

It looks great and has a much easier start up process so that's a big plus. Also it seems less chemicals are needed to keep everything in balance. I'd like hear your thoughts.

Kouri a.k.a Susan

Since it is a "permanent" finish it is considered eco friendly. Unlike a plaster finish that would have to be chipped out and disposed of in a landfill. To change the color or to refinish an eco pool all you do is drain the pool, wash the original eco finish with acetone and then respray.

I think we are up to half a dozen active folks here with the AquaBright. All reviews and comments I've seen have been positive. I will most likely use it in my pool when it needs it or I build another one.

Thanks Kim.

- - - Updated - - -

Since it is a "permanent" finish it is considered eco friendly. Unlike a plaster finish that would have to be chipped out and disposed of in a landfill. To change the color or to refinish an eco pool all you do is drain the pool, wash the original eco finish with acetone and then respray.

That's interesting and a good selling feature. Thanks for the information.

I really like my EcoFinish.

The look, durability, feel etc are all very nice; what surprised me was how much I like that it is inert. Unlike plaster, it won't erode if PH is too low, or CSI is too negative. Likewise, calcium will have a very difficult time depositing on it, unlike plaster.

But really, being inert seems to make having very stable water chemistry easier. In the past 6, maybe 7 weeks I have added nothing. All I did was pump out water due to lots of rain lately. I have an autodoser for MA, but that is set to 5%, and I'm not sure that I couldn't turn it off completely. My SWG is keeping my FC within a half point of where I want it.

My only maintenance is to empty the robot and skimmer once a week, and clear the pump basket once every 2 months, and clean the filter once a year.

I think I could probably ignore it completely for a month and it would not be in trouble [except for leaves!].

Plus it was fun to run the flame thrower!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I totally want to aquaBright my wrought iron fence. The old paint job is pretty much blasted away and now it's just rusty wrought iron. I think if it was painted with the epoxy coating and then hit with the aquaBright, it could be a really durable coating (assuming it can handle thermal cycling). Next up would be to aquaBright my stucco exterior....never need another paint job again!!

Of course, if we light the house on fire, the wife is going to get a little ticked off....

- - - Updated - - -

But, we can test it out on the casita where my mother-in-law lives....if we torch the place, eh, no big loss...

Poor mother in law...

I have a sump pump that gets submerged in straight acid. Well after a few runs of that, the pump had holes eaten through it. The next pump got epoxied and blasted with AquaBright and still going strong!

Everything gets blasted these days...

20170216_130410_001.jpg

I bet if you sat down with a legal pad and a pencil you could easily come up with a list of a dozen things you could coat.

1. Garage floors
2. Tiled showers
3. Mother in laws

The list is endless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.