Aquabot X4 blinking power supply

MBrandSix

Mar 6, 2023
Jacksonville Florida
My aquabot X4 started to run for a few seconds. Then stopped, and the on button blinks 2 blinks, then off for two periods of time. I disconnected the cable and found that the power supply would provide 28 V DC. But as soon as I connected it to the motor controller board for the drive motor, the pwr sup shut off the 28 VDC, and started the 2 blinks again.
I can connect the 28 V directly to the drive motor and the drive motor works, and the same for the suction motor. They both work. So it’s definitely the control board. The only component I can see that might be an issue is the capacitor on the input side of the circuit card.
Can I get a replacement motor controller card? Or just the capacitor?
Also I’ve noticed 2 different part numbers for the drive motor assembly. Is there a later version where this faulty design is fixed?

Welcome to TFP!! :pth::shark:

I'm sorry you have not gotten a response. You do have a particularly niche question. Maybe this bump will get a response...

My aquabot X4 started to run for a few seconds. Then stopped, and the on button blinks 2 blinks, then off for two periods of time. I disconnected the cable and found that the power supply would provide 28 V DC. But as soon as I connected it to the motor controller board for the drive motor, the pwr sup shut off the 28 VDC, and started the 2 blinks again.
I can connect the 28 V directly to the drive motor and the drive motor works, and the same for the suction motor. They both work. So it’s definitely the control board. The only component I can see that might be an issue is the capacitor on the input side of the circuit card.
Can I get a replacement motor controller card? Or just the capacitor?
Also I’ve noticed 2 different part numbers for the drive motor assembly. Is there a later version where this faulty design is fixed?
I have exactly the same problem with the same robot, have you been able to fix your issue and if yes how ? I have this aquabot for 4 years now.