Aquabot Elite double flash on power supply

Aug 29, 2013
Hi all:
I hope you all can help me. I have an Aquabot Elite that is 1 1/2 years old. It is stored indoors when not in use and inside all winter. I took it out to use this season for the first time and it powered up, and did its thing. Then the next time, I get a quick double flash and that's it on the power button. I can use all the programming buttons but it will not start cleaning nor move. Does anyone know what the double flash on the power supply indicates? Thanks so much. Getting ready for a graduation party and it seems everything I own is broken these days.
Trish

While the power supply is sitting idle when plugged in it will periodically flash the light twice every 10 seconds or so. Is that what it's doing? Or does it start blinking immediately after you press the on button? In which case it should double flash 3 times very quickly to indicate an error.

While the power supply is sitting idle when plugged in it will periodically flash the light twice every 10 seconds or so. Is that what it's doing? Or does it start blinking immediately after you press the on button? In which case it should double flash 3 times very quickly to indicate an error.

Thank you. It appears to quick flash when I push the power button. That's all.

Could be any number of things. Typically a no start on these machines is a power supply or a pump motor issue. If it's only 1 1/2 years old it might still be under warranty, worth taking it to a shop to fix.

Oops. I was wrong. When I plug it in, and select the power button, I get a double flash and then it showed the 95 hour and program two (lit up) and then it would periodically double flash.

Ok. So an update of sorts. I took the power unit inside and plugged it in. Same double flash then nothing then double flash etc. But then I let it sit a couple of days, plugged it in and it worked fine. So I put it in the pool, plugged it in, let it run no problem. It ran for about an hour then stopped and I now have the same double flash situation. I don't have a service dealer near me so any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Unfortunately the first step in the troubleshooting guide for these units if it doesn't run is "plug it into a known good power supply". They're very hard to diagnose without the right equipment. But in my experience the issue you're experiencing is either because of a bad power supply or a bad pump motor. Only way to diagnose the power supply is get a new one, plug it in and see if it runs. To diagnose a bad pump motor, you have to disconnect the pump motor from the drive motor and see if it test cycles out of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.