Aquabot Classic Jr...Dead already?

luna87

May 17, 2015
Munster, IN
My Aquabot Classic Jr. is less than a year old and no longer moves. The pump motor still runs and turns the propeller but the drive motor seems to do nothing. I took it partially apart and can see that the pump motor is connected through the drive motor (which is working) but the tracks never move.

In reading the manual, one of the troubleshooting steps is to put it on its back which will put it in "diagnostic mode" if you turn it on for a short period the propeller should run for a few seconds and turn off (it does) and the tracks should advance forward and backward, but they do nothing.

I took the tracks apart enough to see that the entire drive assembly is intact and I can see that when I manually turn the tracks, the drive assembly all the way back to the motor are also turning... it seems that the motor just never engages...

Is this thing dead already?

Probably. Aquabot Jrs, Classics, and Classic Turbos eat drive motors like nobody's business as of recent years. It's probably the most common failure I see for cleaners under warranty. Find a local repair center or send it to Aqua Products for warranty repair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.