Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover - My experience (don't buy) -- Sad that Rover is dead.

I got an Aquabot Pool Rover for Christmas 2018. It looks like this:

61plulKXTmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It worked reasonably well last summer. This summer, it worked for a while and then began to not move. I washed the filter bag in the machine on delicate and replaced it. No movement. I removed the bag and put the machine in the water without the bag. No movement. I clogged one side of the jet to make sure all the water was coming out one side. Still nothing. I cleaned and lubricated the impeller. It spins, but apparently not forcefully enough to move the rover. I contacted the manufacturer. They were polite, but not particularly helpful. They agreed it was probably the motor. The motor is only under warranty for 1 year, so even if I took it to their service center, I'd still have to pay them for a new motor (which they couldn't just send me). I found a motor from swim csi for $266.99. Amazon sells the whole unit for $389 (which is more than I thought we paid). So no luck there.

If anybody has an old unit like this with a good motor you'd like to sell me for a reasonable price, send me a personal message. (I reread the forum rules and don't think I'm violating them, but let me know if I am).

If you have one of these and it has worked well for you for a long time, I'd love to see a post from you. I just wanted to share my experience in case someone could benefit from it.

I think @kimkats has this one but I also think she likes it so probably a no go on the sale. But she might have some tips for you.

I have one and love it! Her name is 'Lil Kim"! If/when she stops working I will replace her with one just like her! Sorry your had not lasted as long as mine has though :( I have a sad about that. If it were me I would just buy a new one.

Do you keep yours in the pool all of the time? I take mine out after each use AFTER the motor cools off. I let it sit in the pool for about 30 mins or so after it stops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.