Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover - My experience (don't buy) -- Sad that Rover is dead.

bioguy

Aug 5, 2018
Whitehouse Station, NJ
I got an Aquabot Pool Rover for Christmas 2018. It looks like this:

It worked reasonably well last summer. This summer, it worked for a while and then began to not move. I washed the filter bag in the machine on delicate and replaced it. No movement. I removed the bag and put the machine in the water without the bag. No movement. I clogged one side of the jet to make sure all the water was coming out one side. Still nothing. I cleaned and lubricated the impeller. It spins, but apparently not forcefully enough to move the rover. I contacted the manufacturer. They were polite, but not particularly helpful. They agreed it was probably the motor. The motor is only under warranty for 1 year, so even if I took it to their service center, I'd still have to pay them for a new motor (which they couldn't just send me). I found a motor from swim csi for $266.99. Amazon sells the whole unit for $389 (which is more than I thought we paid). So no luck there.

If anybody has an old unit like this with a good motor you'd like to sell me for a reasonable price, send me a personal message. (I reread the forum rules and don't think I'm violating them, but let me know if I am).

If you have one of these and it has worked well for you for a long time, I'd love to see a post from you. I just wanted to share my experience in case someone could benefit from it.

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I think @kimkats has this one but I also think she likes it so probably a no go on the sale. But she might have some tips for you.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I have one and love it! Her name is 'Lil Kim"! If/when she stops working I will replace her with one just like her! Sorry your had not lasted as long as mine has though :( I have a sad about that. If it were me I would just buy a new one.

Do you keep yours in the pool all of the time? I take mine out after each use AFTER the motor cools off. I let it sit in the pool for about 30 mins or so after it stops.

Reactions: bmoreswim

bioguy

Aug 5, 2018
Whitehouse Station, NJ
I typically took it out of the pool after about 30 min, though I did leave it in overnight a couple of times when I forgot.

I'm mostly disappointed that customer service, though polite, was unhelpful. All I really need is a new motor.