0 Salt
92 degrees
30.8 voltage
0 amperage
100p output
-0 instant salt level
AL-0 Program code
r 1.4 revision
Cell size not shown (just goes back to salt)

Last edited:
Move the switch to off, check all diagnostic readings. Move the switch to auto and recheck the readings. Move the switch to off again for a minute. Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.

Nothing changes except the voltage, and that just slowly drops from 31.1 to 30.8. Everything else is the same. Instant salinity is still -0, amperage is still 0. The system does switch to "generating" for a 20-30 seconds, but the numbers don't change.

I replaced the limiter on the board a few years ago. There’s been visible blackening on the board in that area since.

With the cell testing as working and being under warranty, any idea how that warranty claim would work?

I would check the board for any visible damage and replace the limiter just to be sure.

Unless the cell fails the test by an authorized Hayward service center, you probably won't be able to get a warranty replacement.

Maybe find a different authorized Hayward service center that can test the cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It might be a bad board. Check for visible damage and touch up any damage. Replace the thermistor.

Cell testing is not super reliable depending on who's testing.

I would get another test by a different authorized Hayward service center.

Make sure that they test on both polarities and verify that the test is done correctly.

If you unplug the cell you can check to see if voltage is making it to the plug.

The top two holes should read the same voltage as the voltage on the screen.

Since the average salinity is low, the voltage will only be present for a short time before it shuts off with an error.

If voltage isn't getting to the plug, the problem is with the board. If voltage is getting to the plug, the problem is with the cell.

First pic shows the scorch (middle of the board). The black mark in the corner is from when the limited went out. Second pic is the (Omron) module on the front that corresponds to the mark. Either way, a new PCB fixed things.

431ECEC8-9FFD-486D-B508-C968BE4D63BD.jpeg
8E9AC9DE-9D78-434A-B993-538C97C94A62.jpeg

This happened to me yesterday - after a new Salt cell a couple months ago. I was able to get a new replacement salt cell under warranty. Installed today - same issue!! I had to replace the K1 module several years ago, so I dug into the board again. A few burned solder points at K1 & K2. I re-soldered them & all good again!! Whew! Should I replace the original 20 volt/amp fuse with a lower one to prevent this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.