Aqua Rite display reverts to output % instead of salt

FM1985

May 2, 2020
Florida
I'll preface this with it's a silly situation/bug but I've spent a few hours trying to track down why this seems to just now be happening and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Typically the unit would revert to the standard salt display when you're done cycling through the menu after about 30 seconds, but in the past week I noticed that instead of reverting back to that display it goes to the "Desired output %" display instead. It was installed in 2006, and I just replaced the main PCB board about 15 months ago. I've done a hard reset, unplugged the cell and done just about everything else I could think of and it keeps going back to the "10P" display for my run percentage. It's running fine, generating chlorine, and otherwise has no issues but it just seems weird that it just now started doing this, so if anyone knows why, or how I can get it to go back to reverting to the standard salt display that'd be great.

If this has already been asked and solved I do apologize I tried to search for it but came up empty.

Most likely, the settings changed due to a bad connection between the display board and the main board.

AL-0 is AquaRite
AL-1 NatureSoft
AL-2 MineralSprings
AL-3 SmartPure
AL-4 This changes the default display from average salt to percent output.
AL-5 This is used with Jandy automation.

Go to AL-4 and change it to AL-0 by moving the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto.

Reactions: FM1985
Whelp, that was fast. I thought It used to say AL-0 and thought it was different when I read the manual and it lists it as reading AL-0 but mine currently said AL-4. I'll keep an eye on it. and if it does it again ill go after the display board and make sure that's all good. I'm new to the aqua rite, but I gotta say I like how simple it is with it being just 2 boards and a salt cell. makes most troubleshooting fairly easy (well, or so I thought LOL)

Thanks for the fix. It's a small and easy thing to ignore, but it just bugged my OCDness a little too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.