Aqua Rite cannot set salt lower than 3900

Paciga

Jun 4, 2014
Orlando, Fl
On my Aqua Rite chlorine generator, I cannot set my salt level lower than 3900. I follow the directions to manually set the salt level and it starts at 4000, then eventually goes to 3900, but it will not go any lower. I somehow got it set to about 3700 one time, but several days later it reset to 4000.

I believe something is wrong (obviously), and even though it says it is generating, I have been showing low chlorine. I replaced the board with the official Hayward piece less than a year ago. And the salt cell is only 5 months old.

My latest set of readings are:
89p
AL1
T3

You do not set the salt level. The board is displaying the salinity level it is calculating.

What size cell do you have installed? Post a pic of the labels on your cell.

You should be checking your salt level with a test kit like the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test

What size pool do you have?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

You do not set the salt level. The board is displaying the salinity level it is calculating.

What size cell do you have installed? Post a pic of the labels on your cell.

You should be checking your salt level with a test kit like the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test

What size pool do you have?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

I have a 14,000 gallon pool & a T-3 cell. My last salt reading was 2900 (via Leslies), so I am trying to adjust my Aqua Rite to the correct cell reading of 2900. Thanks. Ill work on my signature.

Leslies or any pool store for that matter cannot be relied upon to provide accurate test results. You must do your own testing with a quality test kit.

For now, go with what your SWCG is telling you until you can reliably test on your own.

You don't adjust the Aquarite. It tells you what it thinks the salinity is.

The cell usually measures lower then actual salinity. When it measures higher it is often a miss set cell type.

We don't put a lot of faith in pool store tests.

Are you sure that the cell is a T-3?

If the cell is definitely a T-3, the reading for salt is probably accurate.

You need a K-1766 salt test kit.

If you change the cell type to T-5, the reading would go to about 2,900. So, if the actual salinity is really, definitely 2,900 ppm, then the cell is performing more like a T-5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.