Aqua Plus Shuts Off Pump But Leaves Chlorinator On After 1 Minute

ua010701

Oct 24, 2022
Safford, AZ
Aqua Plus control stated shutting the pump off shortly after the chlorinator starts. If the chlorinator is disabled, it still turns off at about 1 minute.
Details:
1) Flow Switch shows FLOW just before shut off (continues to show flow if pump running from pump controls & not comm)
2) Chlorinator continues showing voltage and salt
3) Switching polarity has no affect on the issue
4) Disconnecting comm to the pump and running it from the pump control panel allows pump to run without issue (chlorination also will work normally during this mode)
5) No messages on control panel, except when comm is off of pump to run pump manually a comm message will appear
6) New filters installed, baskets free, pressures normal

Update: Removed Aqua Plus comms to the pump, moved first dip switch to on and ran pump manually with all other automated settings enabled on Aqua Plus to verify all equipment working other than pump shutting off. All ran as designed for several days. Reconnected the pump comms and now all are working as designed. Is there any memory clearing on the comms or pump that could have appened?

Hi!

I had this exact same issue and followed the exact same steps before I found your thread. I had the pump running in standalone mode and then hooked it all back into the ProLogic- it seems to be working fine for now.

Before reverting back to using the ProLogic, I called Hayward for a little troubleshooting. Hayward's advice was to replace the control board on the ProLogic...obviously that's not ideal.

Looking into the VSP manual troubleshooting section, there are comm errors that may pop up relating to the Motor Drive Unit's internal memory. If that's the case, then I would venture to guess that the memory might need to be cleared from time to time, similar to an older computer.

Have you had an issue with the pump shutting down again?

Hi!

I had this exact same issue and followed the exact same steps before I found your thread. I had the pump running in standalone mode and then hooked it all back into the ProLogic- it seems to be working fine for now.

Before reverting back to using the ProLogic, I called Hayward for a little troubleshooting. Hayward's advice was to replace the control board on the ProLogic...obviously that's not ideal.

Looking into the VSP manual troubleshooting section, there are comm errors that may pop up relating to the Motor Drive Unit's internal memory. If that's the case, then I would venture to guess that the memory might need to be cleared from time to time, similar to an older computer.

Have you had an issue with the pump shutting down again?
I did exactly what you did and have not had an issue again. It almost seems that the connections got dirty or the pump itself gets confused and removing the connection to ProLogic then reconnecting fixed it. Maybe hardware or software related (and Hayward should look into it)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.