"Aqua Pill"

Not necessary if one closes their pool properly. Just a large dose of enzymes (not too useful in cold, deoxygenated pool water), clarifier (not much use without the filter running) and scale inhibitor (big whoop, not needed).

So basically a "pill" full of useless chemicals your chlorine is going to destroy the minute you open the pool. Good for the manufacturers wallet, not yours...

Not necessary if one closes their pool properly. Just a large dose of enzymes (not too useful in cold, deoxygenated pool water), clarifier (not much use without the filter running) and scale inhibitor (big whoop, not needed).
Both times I've opened my pool (only 3 years old) it's been a straight up swamp, despite adding algeacide and closing/opening 60 degree water. So I can see why there's a market for winter chems, the company I use to close my pool tries to sell me a similar overpriced elixer.

In my case the brief swampiness isn't that much of a burden. It clears up within hours of adding chlorine, and slamming is kinda fun anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.