Aqua Logic Issues

RexEscape

Jul 27, 2021
San Diego, CA
Moved from here.
I'm having the same issues. Lots of valuable info on this thread so I pulled it up again. I've removed the board but I don't see anything visibly wrong with it. Others have seen an issue with soldering but my board seems fine. What do you think is wrong with it? This is my issue...

Last month, all of a sudden, the display read HOT. So, we had the T-5 cell replaced. The new replacement gave a different reading. It now reads HI and the high salt light is solid. My actual salt level is 3,000 a reading from the pool store and also from my salt strips. I also installed another brand new T-5 and same thing. High Salt. All other pool chemical levels are fine. I don't see anything odd with the board. Help! See photos of the board in the link below. It's an AquaRite 20 rev 1.40 that accepts only T-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:
  • Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?
@JamesW

I think I figured something out. I ordered an aftermarket T-Cell-5 a couple of months ago. When installed on my chlorinator (rev 1.40 which only accepts T-Cell-5), the display read HI and the High Salt was solid. The display read -5400 but my salt strip test and pool store reading was around 2900.

I recently replaced the board (r016 it says) but the cell still read around -5400 and the High Salt was blinking. However, the Chlorinating light now is solid. This new board allows me to select call types so on a hunch, I set the cell type to T-15. The display now reads -2900 for Instant Salinity Reading (which is about what the strip and pool store salt reading was)! The aftermarket T-Cell I got was probably a T-Cell-15 even though the box said T-5.

Am I going to run into some issues with amperage, voltage, or damaging the cell if have the setting at T-Cell-15 when the actual cell "might" be a T-Cell-5? I think it's a 15 since the salt reading is now more accurate.

You have an aftermarket cell and from the Rev number it sounds like an aftermarket board. Hard to say how the aftermarket stuff will operate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.