Aqua Leader - Sentinelle 27' x 54" support post issue.

Dirt is never acceptable material to build an above ground pool on. It does not compact well as you have now found out.

Each gallon of water in that pool weighs approximately 8lbs. You have well over 100,000 lbs of water sitting on soft ground.

I got a laser level again and walked the perimeter of the pool all the areas are within an inch of level except the two posts which are 4.5" out of level now. I think the dirt must have settled. If I take this thing down what is the likelihood that I can reuse the liner? The skimmer and return holes are already cut but the liner is brand new prior to this setup. Can I just mount the skimmer and return hole prior to putting in the water the next time I fill it or will the liner be all out of sorts due to the refilling of the pool. I don't think the pool is safe at this point and I was going to use it until the summer ended but I don't think we should any longer after I saw how far out it is.

Here is what I am going to do and please tell me if there is something else I need to consider:

1. Drain the pool.
2. Remove the top plates and liner.
3. Remove the supports.
4. Dig out the sand (I put 2 layers of 6mil plastic down so there shouldn't be dirt or rock mixed in it so I think I can reuse it correct?)
5. Dig out the perimeter of the pool again within 1" of level with the laser level
6. Put it all back up.

Am I the only fool that this has happened too or has anyone else did this before? Right now I'm in a bad place I feel stupid, and like the last week of hard work and effort was for nothing.

I don't even want a pool anymore.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are a lot (you would not believe it unless you were here every day to see it) of people here who have been told to tear down, re-level and re-build.

Dirt is just not an acceptable substance to build a pool on. And now you know why. I'm sorry but 4.5" out and it just keeps sinking and sinking. You are doing the right thing for anyone who uses or is in the vicinity of that pool. It is now dangerous and I believe you now know it.

What you need to do is go down to undisturbed, virgin soil and remove the high area.

Do you think that the Liner can be reused or will it not line back up properly as I've already cut and trimmed it for the skimmer and return. Would you recommend putting the skimmer and return in prior to refilling as if I don't I would think that it would possibly stretch and be off. Your thoughts?

I would say the liner, if properly removed dried, folded and stored out of the sun and heat, could be re-used. I bought my pool form the pool store as a demonstration pool at the store. I took the pool apart, loaded it into my truck, drove home, setup the wall, added the cove and reinstalled the liner. I had no issues re-hanging the liner.

When you rehung the liner did you put the skimmer and return jet on first prior to putting in the water or did you do what the instructions state which is to wait until the water level is 2" from the bottom of their respective holes? I didn't sleep much at all last night 4 hours I'm truely sick to my stomach over this, thank you for the advice you've been providing its greatly appreciated even though its not what I "want" to hear.

Nobody wants to hear it. I'd be sick too.

When you go to re hang the liner, line it up and set the liner and start the install of the skimmer. I have read a post here of a guy who bought an oval pool from someone who installed it, only to be ordered by their HOA to get rid of it! They had 2" of water in it n cut theskimmer in. The guy who bought it re aligned everything with no I'll effects.

Take your time!!!

Re: Aqua Leader - Sentinelle 27' x 54" support post issue.

I hung the liner , lined up the holes, added couple inches of water to work out the floor wrinkles while keeping the skimmer and return holes in the correct place. When the floor wrinkles were minimized( not gone) I started filling the pool more. IMHO, once you have a foot of water in the pool, you can do whatever else you need to do as the liner, below the water liner, is not moving and above the water line is not being pulled down any more.

You can then add the return and skimmer.

Bottom line: You do need to keep the skimmer and return holes lined up during this process but I would not install the skimmer body or return fitting until you get a foot or more of water in to pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.