Aqua Bright vs. Diamond Brite vs. PebbleTec

jbbarto

Silver Supporter
Dec 21, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm in need of a resurface as my current surface is rough and 20+ years old. I'm debating on Aqua Bright vs. Diamond Brite vs. PebbleTec. I want something smooth that will last a long time. I've read lots of the posts on TFP and it sounds like Aqua Bright is very popular, but likely expensive. I got a quote today on Bond Kote + Blue Quartz Diamond Brite for ~$7k. The same company has done some of our friends near-by and it looks good, although it's only been a few months. I've also read some concerning threads on issues with Diamond Brite, so want to make sure I know what I'm getting into. Haven't gotten a quote for Aqua Bright yet, but I'm assuming it will be quite a bit more. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Long AquaBrite thread at...

Summary - It's a good product and a great pool finish but it's not very installer friendly and a difficult sell where plaster prices are so inexpensive.

PebbleTec has a few different finishes. None are as smooth as plaster.

All plaster jobs are works of art and quality depend on the skills of the crew and the environment that day.

I would say that AquaBRIGHT is very low in popularity as far as % of installed pools with it. VERY low. I was excited about it initially but doubt I would try it now, even if cost wasn't an issue.

Diamond Brite is practically as smooth as plain plaster. I've not seen many bad things except for some streaking issues on darker colors. But that is installer related. And also applicable to any plaster based finish - typically the darker colors. DB would be at the top of my list if I were to resurface for the long term. My next resurface, if I'm still at this house for it, will likely be plain plaster if I won't stay. But that's the market here. A pebble or at least quartz finish, I'm sure, is the standard in Houston.

PebbleTec - Top line product, but as mentioned above, as good as the installer. Though PebbleTec does certify it's installers - whatever good that does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.