Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Well, we made some last minute changes to our pool after seeing the size of the wall where our water feature was. We're upgrading to a 5' waterfall feature using CMPs classic series (Custom Molded Products Waterfall 60" Natural Wonders with 6" Lip White - 25577-530-000, Large and Elegant | USA Pool Direct). The literature I've found has indicated an optimal rate of 60 GPM for an 18" projection. We have a 2" pipe running to the feature. We have a Pentair WF-24 installed right now as we originally were only supplying water for a 36" waterfall. I want to make sure we get an adequately sized pump for what we're trying to do. The PB is suggesting the WF-26, but I'm worried that may not be enough. I looked at the curves and it appears it may just be enough, but I want to also be as efficient as possible. Any thoughts or recommendations?

The 26 will work. I usually just install a VS pump and dial it in with rpm speed. If you only have that feature you can juatbuse a single VS for whole pool amd use a 2" manifold amd run one side of the pump exit to a 3way amd dedicate that to waterfall. That's how I have my personal pool setup. No reason to run returns when waterfall is on the pool still skims. You only use it for guests or once in a blue moon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.