Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Not sure if this is the right place since I didn't see an "app specific" spot.

In the Perform Maintenance, is it possible to add a task for cleaning the SWG element? I currently add as a note, but would be nice to have this on here with the recommended interval reminders like it has when I miss a filter cleaning. Thanks!

Not necessary. Maintain your CSI between -0.3 and 0.

I have never had to clean our SWCG with acid.

Checking / cleaning the SWG elements for scale.
Checking the cell for scale is something I do see as a good idea and I can make a note of it. My main worry though was you were routinely cleaning your cell with acid though and wanted to schedule timers to remind you to do this. This I do warn against. :)

Reactions: proavia
Checking the cell for scale is something I do see as a good idea and I can make a note of it. My main worry though was you were routinely cleaning your cell with acid though and wanted to schedule timers to remind you to do this. This I do warn against. :)
I appreciate the consideration on my suggestion.

Cell is being cleaned per manufacturer's directions in the manual:

1655733277696.png

I think the concern here is that the cleaning described should ONLY be performed if scale is visible.

It should not be performed if no scale is visible, as these cleanings will shorten the cell’s life.

I think the concern here is that the cleaning described should ONLY be performed if scale is visible.

It should not be performed if no scale is visible, as these cleanings will shorten the cell’s life.
Must be some confusion. I definitely don't clean unless scale is there. But for some folks checking the SWG elements could use a reminder to inspect, even me. Mine is a little easier maintenance than most since I can see into the element through a window. My mom's and some friends not so much. It's more of a tube with elements that are out of sight/out of mind. Thought the app reminder might be of use.

Got it. My system reminds me, but I imagine some folks who have a circupool or similar might really benefit from a reminder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support