App question

Bbernedo

Jul 25, 2020
Chico
in the app there is a tab called effects of adding. I have the galloins of my pool listed and am curious about how much liquid chlorine I would need to add to affect my free chlorine levels.

Does this take into account my pools cya and ph levels or is it strictly just looking at the total gallons and the effects of chemicals?

Doesn't our other pool levels effect chemicals? Thanks.

in the app there is a tab called effects of adding. I have the gallons of my pool listed and am curious about how much liquid chlorine I would need to add to affect my free chlorine levels.
For this, you need to select the type of item (chlorine and type for example), then enter a number and it will tell you how much of that product to add.

Does this take into account my pools cya and ph levels or is it strictly just looking at the total gallons and the effects of chemicals?
Gallons.

Doesn't our other pool levels effect chemicals?
Sometimes, and it will tell you that. For example, if you add muriatic acid to lower pH, it will tell you how much the TA is expected to fall as well. Or if you add tri-chlor shock to increase FC, it will tell you how much it will increase the CYA as well.

So in general, you have different menu options in the APP to help you. First you load all of your current test results. Then the APP should show you some general recommendations, and for those concerned with plaster care a CSI number. This is where you use your TFP experience to evaluate things like the FC/CYA balance - to prevent algae. The APP may say you need to add x-amount of chlorine. Or you can go to the Effects of Adding Chemicals menu and select your type of chlorine and an amount to determine how much you need to add to increase the FC by a certain number. The APP is a great tool, but we still need to be familiar enough with our pool and the Recommended Levels page to know if we truly need to increase or lower a specific item. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.