LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2014
Central Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Our Hayward salt cell stopped working so we replaced with a generic. Money is tight so saving over $300 on the generic along with the great reviews seemed like the best route for us. Everything listed seems that it should be compatible with our Hayward SWG but the salt reading is showing 5300 yet the ‘High Salt’ light isn’t illuminating. It was generating chlorine for a few days but now doesn’t seem to be doing that either. Does anyone have experience with this generic cell? Is there a reset button somewhere? Help!

Attachments

• BE9FB139-AC2D-487E-A6AE-09636CFF2CCF.jpeg
    BE9FB139-AC2D-487E-A6AE-09636CFF2CCF.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 23
  • E95F403A-4E86-41D9-90A4-802CF56E624E.jpeg
    E95F403A-4E86-41D9-90A4-802CF56E624E.jpeg
    599.4 KB · Views: 24
  • BDBBAE59-8CC5-40EB-8368-B83C0DD7A9ED.jpeg
    BDBBAE59-8CC5-40EB-8368-B83C0DD7A9ED.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 18
Have you contacted saltprosystems?

I think your cell type may be set wrong. You have an Aqua Trol that only takes a T-5 cell. What type of cell did you purchase?

Last edited:
This is the replacement that we purchased. I haven’t called Salt Pro yet - figured I stood a better chance of getting an unbiased opinion here first. Lol

Attachments

• 1986BF86-D1A1-4354-B669-915334AEC3BB.png
    1986BF86-D1A1-4354-B669-915334AEC3BB.png
    334 KB · Views: 21
Do you have a way to test your actual salt level?

There is that cell again. I'll bet you anything that 'Salt Pro Systems' is either out of business or it's website is down or no one answers the phone or responds to e-mail. Looks all too familiar to Salt Pool Store that scammed dozens if not hundreds out of money selling grey CompuPool branded cells with a 5 yr warranty? Better Business Bureau has all sorts of complaints on them. Likely Salt Pro Systems has similar complaints. I think your only recourse is to contact CompuPool in Australia but they probably won't return your messages.

Good luck, I hope I am wrong.

There is that cell again. I'll bet you anything that 'Salt Pro Systems' is either out of business or it's website is down or no one answers the phone or responds to e-mail. Looks all too familiar to Salt Pool Store that scammed dozens if not hundreds out of money selling grey CompuPool branded cells with a 5 yr warranty? Better Business Bureau has all sorts of complaints on them. Likely Salt Pro Systems has similar complaints. I think your only recourse is to contact CompuPool in Australia but they probably won't return your messages.

They have an F rating with BBB.

I fear you may be right. I actually ordered from Salt Pool Store. The cell shipped from Australia. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.