Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)

Honestly? The most attractive thing about this is that my Great Dane has discovered that he can snatch the foam tail off of the Polaris and pretend it's another chew toy. This looks like it might be more difficult for him to remove from the tail! :laughblue:

Nobody's tried this?

You gonna try it? I'm not gonna try it. Hey, let's get Mikey! He won't like it, he hates everything. He likes it! Hey Mikey!

Ok.. in a moment of impulse buying weakness I got one... the developer changed his design and added another set fins. I was about to pay that much for a bunch of foam scrubbers and figured awwwe what the heck. It looks cool and it spins around. Does it clean better? Who knows. It can't be any worse than the foam things which didn't really seem to do anything anyway other than push the dirt around. Now I have a cool turbo thing to push the dirt around. ;)

I found I had to turn up the flow to the tail to get it to spin. I probably turned it down years ago to stop the squirts.. but the diffuser works as advertised. I'll report back if I see any significant effect from its superior scrubbing action.

And to those that think I should invest my kids college savings in a robot.. The Polaris works, it does what it needs to do on its 30 min a day schedule, I already have it and it would take a major failure of both the pump and sweep to make it cost effective to switch. Someday when I win the lottery. ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Ok.. in a moment of impulse buying weakness I got one... the developer changed his design and added another set fins. I was about to pay that much for a bunch of foam scrubbers and figured awwwe what the heck. It looks cool and it spins around. Does it clean better? Who knows. It can't be any worse than the foam things which didn't really seem to do anything anyway other than push the dirt around. Now I have a cool turbo thing to push the dirt around. ;)

And to those that think I should invest my kids college savings in a robot.. The Polaris works, it does what it needs to do on its 30 min a day schedule, I already have it and it would take a major failure of both the pump and sweep to make it cost effective to switch. Someday when I win the lottery. ;)

Mine has been on for about a year. The fins are starting to erode a little, but in a year I'm sure I'd have gone through half a dozen of the foam scrubbers and maybe 2 of the blue tail pieces (and those things are stupidly expensive for what they are).

@sacredcow So did it seem to "clean" any better than the foam scrubbers? You have the original one with the single fins right?

No, but it was no worse either- I don't think that little piece of foam does much actual scrubbing. The differences I noted were this:

1. The tail seems to whip around a bit less. Maybe. This one is a little subjective and inconsequential.
2. I do not have to periodically fish out the swasher with the skimmer net or go diving for it. Mild annoyance.
3. The swasher doesn't squirt my windows, requiring me to clean them off before they spot up. Moderate annoyance.
4. The dog cannot or will not snatch the swasher off and chew it up. Moderate to severe annoyance.

All in all, it was a win for me. And yes- I have the earlier version.

Update, First winter with my Swasher... I noticed it wasn't thrashing about as much lately... it seemed to correspond with a massive wind storm that dumped a bunch of leaves in the pool. I found the inside of the gizmo had filled with leaves, huh! And they were blocking the water from squirting out the hose... It seems the little vents on the side create a Venturi effect that suck in leaves. who-da-figured that one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.