Anyone recommend a smart water monitoring app/tech?

mxcolin

Jan 21, 2022
Rocklin, CA
I decided to look for a remote temperature sensor for the pool and my searching quickly turned into looking at a smart water monitoring, app-based solution :)

Does anyone have any experience with Water Guru or IO Pool or any other system? Are these worth the money or are they just expensive gimics?

Reactions: tbamy
I did a ton of research here and found most people preferred Sutro however, most people on here would probably tell you to get yourself a test kit and do it manually :) Once you get the hang of that it's easy to go out 1-2x/week and do a few tests manually.
I didn't want to pay the $500 up front for it was my biggest issue with the "convenience" of it.

Toys that are unreliable, break, act weird and then eventually need replacement … owning your own test kit and setting aside time to test your water yourself is so much more reliable and definitive. There are just somethings in life that are not worth automating and pool water testing is one of them.

I like my WaterGuru but others have had different experiences with it. Mine has been fairly accurate so far, though I still check it every week or so against my k2006c.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.