Anyone know of a non-garden hose pressure side handheld (pole) vacuum?

Aug 11, 2018
Hampton, nh
Hi. I have an inground pool with a pressure sided/venturi Pentair Racer. I hate suction side vacuuming. We have tons of pine needles that go right through the skimmer basket and clog the impeller. I avoided vacuuming all last year aside from the pool opening. The Racer kept the pool spotless all summer. This year I just put it in right after opening and it cleaned 95% of the pool except a couple small areas. I try to use the pool pole to wrangle it to go over the missed area but that does not work well. My question: does anyone make a real pressure sided Venturi head with leaf bag that you use via your pool pole and can connect to a the outlet connector that I use for the Racer rather than a garden hose? Are the pressure sided outlets and their connectors like I have for the Pentair Racer proprietary? If that’s the case it might limit third party items. Thanks.

The pole-mounted vacuum I see most often recommended around here is the Pool Blaster Max. I have one and it works pretty well. It comes standard with a mesh collection bag, but you can buy finer-woven bags to catch the really small stuff. It should work fine for pine needles.

Yes, the Pool Blaster Max has wheels which could mark fresh plaster.

What I did was buy the cheapest vacuum I could find which had a flat rubber head, knowing I would only use it until the plaster was fully set. This is the one I bought. I would not recommend it for long-term use; I discarded mine once I was able to use my Polaris again. Check your plaster start-up guide for how long to refrain from using wheeled cleaners. Mine said 28 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.