Anyone have outlets installed on their deck?

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
I bought the NiteLighter pool light this year & the place that I currently have it installed doesn’t leave enough room to plug it in comfortably. It’s on the short end of my pool & the deck on that side is 10 ft, then my equipment & outlets are installed about 4 ft away from the deck. It can reach the plug, but the cord is hanging mid air. So I’d like to run an outlet over to the deck for this purpose. Thoughts? Requirements?

You need to check your local code requirements. I think an external outlet can be no closer than 10ft to a pool. You would want a fully enclosed, weatherproof cover (can purchase at Home Depot). Also, the wiring from your equipment pad to your deck should be in a conduit. Your local electrician can guide you.

Reactions: markayash
You need to check your local code requirements. I think an external outlet can be no closer than 10ft to a pool. You would want a fully enclosed, weatherproof cover (can purchase at Home Depot). Also, the wiring from your equipment pad to your deck should be in a conduit. Your local electrician can guide you.
I know all of that from when I ran the power out to the equipment. I should have been more specific, will I need to bond the deck to the pool if it has a power source connected to it? Not sure that I’m using the correct terminology.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.