Anyone have any suggestions???? Solar cover for hybird above/in-ground round pool

amcvay1979

Apr 28, 2020
Iowa
Hello all...last year I put in a rigid foam wall pool, 27 foot round. Most of it is in ground due to the slope of my yard. There are stairs that are directly mounted to our patio which we love, but what we hate is the solar cover. Nobody offers an automatic solution for a large, round pool. We have the crank style but it's terrible. They are meant for above ground, and ours isn't a good fit for it. It's really hard to crank, it takes 2 people and it never goes back on correctly without someone needing to be in the pool....just a big hassle. I'd love an automatic solution but it seems 23 feet is the largest cover anyone offers w/an electric reel. I thought about buying the 23 foot model and then folding the sides to make it work but the manufacturer advised against it....so here I am.

Anyone have any ideas? I assume those liquid solar blankets don't really work? If they do maybe I'd go that route? Or maybe several of those round floating solar covers would be better than 1 huge 27 foot cover?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Post pics of your pool to see your situation and maybe it will give folks some ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.