Anyone do grey, white, or marble looking waterline tiles?

ckinchen

Mar 1, 2019
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am thinking if I do something basic it might be more timeless...like a white kitchen😀. I saw a grey tile I really liked but not sure how it all looks in a pool. I won’t be doing glass in the waterline. I would love to see pictures. Thanks!

I used a white tile along with white pebble tec. I did the white tile mainly because the calcium buildup at the waterline is so rapid here in the desert. We have very hard water and ultra high evaporation rates. My pool builder used the same tile on his own pool 1599801325485.jpeg

Pinterest is a great place to look at pool waterline tile. Check youtube, too. I was thinking of a medium hue pool finish until I saw a few youtube videos. A few went underwater and the water was so murky. I told my husband I couldn't swim in that, too creepy. !!! So now it's looking at light color pool finishes. But yeah, youtube is wonderful. Do a tile search. I read that natural colors make the pool blend in with the surroundings.

Reactions: ckinchen
Saw this site the other day. I found looking at spa galleries means I can get a close up of waterline tiles. Check the gallery on this site -- There is one with a natural stone type neutral waterline tile.

@chiefwej Thank you! That is exactly the look I think I want. It looks simple but classic. I am in Florida and we have hard water so and I also don't want to have to work hard to remove the calcium build up. Can you tell me the name and brand of your tile? Any close up pictures?
@Sollace I think I have looked at everything online. I have googled and pinterest everything I think. The problem is its not a big picture usually like above where I can see a larger scale. I have been on youtube too but have not seen much there. Maybe I should search for spas on youtube. You are right, spa's give the best picture but then I want to see the overall look. I think white does look great like in the above picture. I plan to get a piece of the deck material (Flagstone brand white/pewter paver) and see how it all looks together. Maybe that is where I need to start first. It is such a hard decision!

My pool was built in 2005. The tile came from a local supplier (Noble Tile). Venice Collection NVVS 660 - Classic Gris

Here's an 'older' thread with more ideas:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Abear1979 That looks great! I really like that. I am pretty sure I saw this tile in my pool builders show room. And thank you for pointing out the coping too. It looks like they go perfectly. I will ask them to show me it in person. I do love the look of marble :).

We are under construction using NPT Veracruz Crema. It’s a lot lighter than the website photo (at least on my monitor). It has a neutral marble look to it. We used travertine coping/decking called Leonardo in our region but the crates say River Silver. It has a lot of tan/greys mixed like a marble.
View attachment 163032

Can you use natural stone as waterline tile? I am have coping and tile done and was told that you should not use natural stone. But nothing matches the beauty of stone.

Can you use natural stone as waterline tile? I am have coping and tile done and was told that you should not use natural stone. But nothing matches the beauty of stone.
Some tiles are stone like. (Tile that looks like stone). If you go to the NPT online catalog or the Master Tile Catalog they'll have examples. I've seen tiles with granite. One link from a previous pool mentioned Mosa Tiles

View attachment 163598
We used a travertine waterline tile. Just finished construction on Sunday.
Congratulations to you! Gorgeous pool and love your travertine! Decking is fantastic -- Be sure and post your pool color over here:

Reactions: SF714
That is beautiful. Congrats! Building didnt suggest any problem with using travertine in your waterline? What did you use in your jacuzzi ?
Thanks! The travertine water line tile was an option in the pool builders show room. I asked if travertine in the pool would be an issue and the PB assured me that the tile would be safe in the pool. We used glass tile on the spillway waterline and face of the spa.

Also the drain covers on our decking are travertine pavers with slits cut into them. The covers for our skimmers are also travertine pavers with a small hole drilled through the middle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.