West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
A Dr. friend of mine purchased a UV-C CPAP disinfecting device to disinfect his cell phone, keys, glasses and other small items. It is $250 and I thought hey I can probably build one a little (ok a lot) cheaper than that.

So before I go out (and I mean order from eBay and amazon) and buy all the wrong stuff and have to start over again, has anyone here done it? I figure some UV-C led strips and a box is all I really need.

Also is it a dumb idea, am I wasting my time?

Kato do you have a safe spot you can lay your keys and such in the sun? A light wipe with a disinfectant wipe will do the most good then put it in the sun to finish it off. They do sell UV bulbs at pet stores for their critters so I would look there first if the sun is not an option.

I do have a good sunny spot at my house. Works well for keys. A little more annoying for the phone since I have to turn it off first because it will overheat in our Florida sun.

Be careful not to look at UV light too much as it can cause eye damage.

I hear you. That’s why I want to put it in an opaque box. I dont want to look at it for any amount of time.

Now that you also mention that, does anyone have any experience with those UV wands that you see. Might be good for sanitizing the deliveries before I bring them into the house. I would be a little concerned about that, but maybe if I wear my sunglasses that would help.

I realize I am overthinking things but....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.