Anybody live around Huntington, NY? Request to plug into your Intellichlor Power Center

Earthman Bob

Bronze Supporter
Mar 25, 2019
Long Island
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Does anybody who lives anywhere around eastern Suffolk, Western Nassau have a Pentair Intellichlor chlorine generator and power center who would consider having me come over for a few minutes to test an Intellichlor unit.

The problem is that I need to test this ASAP, and I just found that my power center is not working, so I can't test it myself.

It would just involve turning on the power to your power center. I would then plug my unit in. Either it will power up, or not. The hardest part will be filling my bucket with water.

Thanks in advance--

Hey Bob !!! I'm an hour away and mine is buried in the basement awaiting a build.

Check the glass fuse located in the black knob underneath. When mine blew it looked ok, but tested open with a multimeter.

Also check if it's wired appropriately to 120/240.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earthman Bob
Hey Bob !!! I'm an hour away and mine is buried in the basement awaiting a build.

Check the glass fuse located in the black knob underneath. When mine blew it looked ok, but tested open with a multimeter.

Hey Newdude! Ah yes, the fuse. I used to know that, but have since forgotten. I'll give it a test later.

And the wiring is correct, since the unit has been installed and working for years.

Thanks and fingers crossed...

Reactions: Newdude

Bingo. Bad fuse!

I don't have the right size replacement here, so I'll have to pick one up, and then I'll know.

Thanks again for the tip!

• Love
Neither the pool store or the electric supply had them by me. I skipped HD/Lowes altogether. The old skool hardware store had a briefcase like container full for $1.75 (?) Each and I got 3.

Neither the pool store or the electric supply had them by me. I skipped HD/Lowes altogether. The old skool hardware store had a briefcase like container full for $1.75 (?) Each and I got 3.
I see. Too late for hardware stores tonight, so I'll try tomorrow if I can break away.

If all else fails, Home Depot has the fast-acting variety. I'll use one of those for testing until I can find a slo blo.

Hey Earthman!!!! Now that this is resurrected..... is it working OK?
Hey Newdude! Thanks for checking back! The story has a happy ending. I took a risk and picked up the IC40 for under $500 (which was a miracle considering what they're selling for) even though I wasn't sure I could test it. I was able to eventually find the fuse and it powered up. Once I opened the pool, I gave it the real test and it's working REALLY WELL.

As an aside, I've read on this forum that it's a better idea to purchase a larger chlorine generator than the specs call for. So with a 36,000 gal pool, I was looking for an IC60. However, the IC40 I got seems to easily bring the chlorine level up in short order--even at 40-60%.

Thanks again for asking and for the valuable help!

• Love
So with a 36,000 gal pool, I was looking for an IC60.
We can get away with lower on LI. It's only really hot for a couple of weeks and the rest of the season doesn't need full production. You may need running 100% for the hot weeks, but it will handle the workload.

For $500 it is worth any tradeoffs, and then some. My iC60 was $1500 + tax last year and ths year is $1600- $1800, if you can find both the unit and controller.

Thanks for the update. SUPER glad it's a happy one. :)

*next time, you only need the cell and they are the same size so you can swap out with a ic60. Mine took 10 mins to replace from front porch package pickup to installed out back.

Reactions: Earthman Bob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, well worth it, eh?! I bought it unused, but it was a unit from decades ago. Crazy how expensive all this equipment is getting with all the supply line issues.

And I did only replace the cell. My power center is thankfully still hanging on.

A great weekend to you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.