Any technical details on Maytronics pool robots?

kevinskii

Gold Supporter
Aug 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just bought a Pentair Warrior SE from Marina a few days ago. Although this isn't saying much, I'm pretty sure it's the smartest member of my family. It's really interesting how it will suddenly stop and scrub back and forth for a while, or decide not to climb the wall to the tile line even though it can if it wants to, or all sorts of other things. Has anyone come across any technical details on how Maytronics robots work, mostly in regard to any sensors or software algorithms?

Keven,

I don't have any special info, but have been using them for almost 15 years.. They all work about the same.

They don't remember anything between power cycles.. So it is not like they actually remember your specific pool. I think they have a tilt sensor and that they tend to do the waterline tile every X times they start to go up the wall.

The only thing I know for sure is, if you have a single dime-sized leaf in your pool, they will never pick it up as long as you are watching.. If you go inside for 2 minutes, it will be gone when you come back out... :mrgreen:

I love mine and don't really care if it is smarter than I am. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: kevinskii
I think that when first starting a cleaning cycle, it "measures" the pool. I have observed the cleaner first moving in the direction it was placed in the pool until it reaches a wall. It will then reverse until it reaches a wall in that direction. It then moves about half way, and makes a 90 degree turn and repeats the sequence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.