Any Suggestions for a pool cleaner?

Reba33

Aug 14, 2013
Durham, NC
We have decided to stop cleaning our 24,000 gallon pool ourselves, and are looking for a robot that is both reliable and thorough. There are so many choices out there. We would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you in advance.

Maytronics Action20/ S200/ Pentair Warrier SE are all the same-

Call up Margaret or Seth at Marina Pool and Spa in Colorado and they can explain more, as well as give the best prices. A LOT of us here shop there and they ship free and tax free. 🌟

Maddie 🐞

Reactions: imrodee
There is reliability and there are features. Many of the robots have the same cleaning capability but some people like features such as wireless control, etc. See the attached to help you.

Attachments

• Robotic-Cleaner-Comparisons-2020.pdf
    271.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: imrodee
We bought our Dolphin about 10 days ago. Call Margaret at Marina and she’ll ask you some questions and fit you with what you might need. She won’t upsell you. The robots basically all do the same thing, I have heard. It depends, I think on the layout of your pool. Also, they have the best prices I’ve come across. Super fast delivery!

I’ve had a Tiger Shark QC for 7 years and just purchased a Polaris 9550 (waiting to receive).
I clean my pool manually twice a year, and the robot takes care of the rest. You’re gonna love the robot. I don’t know why they say you have to take it out of the water. Mine has been in the water for 5 years even through the winter I‘ll run it periodically. The worst abuse it ever received was by the direct sunlight when I removed it from the water. Everyone talks about harsh chemicals destroying the robot. Well, it if destroys the robot you probably shouldn’t be swimming in it. I guess you could take it out if you’re doing a major shock treatment.
The one major regret about buying the Tiger Shark was not getting the remote control for spot cleaning. While some say they never use it, I’ve spent time dragging my robot around by the cord in order to hit missed areas. My new Polaris does have a remote.

The tracked robots seem to have issues with high drains on the bottom getting stuck. Wheeled ones tend to not have that issue. I love my Polaris but they are higher priced than others.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.