Any potential downsides to purchasing equipment far in advance?

dan0788

Sep 9, 2021
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Im roughly 18-24 months out from replacing my old IG pool and wondering if there's any potential downsides to starting to purchase some equipment between now and then. I have an idea of what we want and if I can find any end of season/off season, leftover type sales then I could start piecing everything together.

My shape, size and volume will stay pretty much the same, so aside from not having the latest model of something, do you foresee any issues with me purchasing things along the way. I cant imagine a builder would have any issues with it since it's no different than if I had kept all my current equipment. Im just trying to think of ways to make the total build cost be a little more digestible when the time comes.

Or am I better off just setting that expendable income aside towards the build and do everything in one shot.

The only thing I could think of was the warranty. As a DIY project, some manufactures go off of the receipt. But if you have a builder involved who is willing to acknowledge the equipment wasn't actually installed and in-use until next year, I don't see a problem.

I’m in a similar boat. I was supposed to be built in June/July and got the equipment myself a couple of months early. The PB said he’d set up the warranty when the time came. Since then he can’t get any liners and it’s suspended indefinitely. I still believe it will be this year but it could be 6 months after purchase and I’m not sure how that’s going to work with so much time.

I’m also a tad worried because quality went to crud with all the manufacturers racing to resupply the country. The pump and SWG look good, but I won’t know they work until we try. 🤷‍♂️

I’ll keep you posted when I find out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.