Any pool "expert" recommendations in SE Michigan for equipment replacement and SWG conversion?

Stephs2125

Silver Supporter
Apr 18, 2017
SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello! I hope this is the right forum for my question. Please feel free to relocate if needed.

We close on our house this week. One of my first projects is to convert the pool to an SWG and replace the equipment (pump and filter (keeping existing heater)) - I'm leaning toward the CircuPool Ultimate Combo Kit (CircuPool® Ultimate Combo (Large) with SmartFlo 3.0 THP).

I'm not so "technical" or "handy" that I feel fully comfortable or able to do this myself so I'd like to (possibly) hire someone to do the work. Does anyone have a "pool person" they trust/recommend in Southeastern Michigan? I'm in Shelby Township specifically. Or someone local to the area that is on this group that would be able to help me do it myself?

That said....how hard is it to do something like this oneself, if said someone doesn't have a lot of knowledge about things like this? I'm not afraid to learn, get dirty, use tools, etc., but I'm also trying to be realistic about what I can accomplish myself (wiring things would make me very nervous - plugging things in is fine😜). Is it just "connecting" things/plumbing or is it "more"?

Not the best photo of my equipment below, but all I have access to until I close later this week.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Backyard Pool3.jpg
    Backyard Pool3.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 14
That would be a really good setup, the most expensive part is now the SWG and that RJ60 Plus is a great SWG..

Installing is not to hard and not really technical.. I would hire the electrical out and install the plumbing yourself if you are comfortable with that.. the hard part with plumbing is working it all out to connect each part to the next and have it all connect..

Watch a bunch of videos on installing pool plumbing if you wan to do it.. Write up a plan and post it here how you want to do it...

On the flip side you may be able to find a contractor local that can do the whole thing, it will cost more but way easier for you :)

Call at least 5 companies for a quote and pick the one the you like and shows up to give you a quote..

Make sure you or they use Jandy Neverlube Valves, I am using all 2 way valves on my new install, the I have now I used two 3 way valves..

Reactions: Stephs2125
Hello! I hope this is the right forum for my question. Please feel free to relocate if needed.

We close on our house this week. One of my first projects is to convert the pool to an SWG and replace the equipment (pump and filter (keeping existing heater)) - I'm leaning toward the CircuPool Ultimate Combo Kit (CircuPool® Ultimate Combo (Large) with SmartFlo 3.0 THP).

I'm not so "technical" or "handy" that I feel fully comfortable or able to do this myself so I'd like to (possibly) hire someone to do the work. Does anyone have a "pool person" they trust/recommend in Southeastern Michigan? I'm in Shelby Township specifically. Or someone local to the area that is on this group that would be able to help me do it myself?

That said....how hard is it to do something like this oneself, if said someone doesn't have a lot of knowledge about things like this? I'm not afraid to learn, get dirty, use tools, etc., but I'm also trying to be realistic about what I can accomplish myself (wiring things would make me very nervous - plugging things in is fine😜). Is it just "connecting" things/plumbing or is it "more"?

Not the best photo of my equipment below, but all I have access to until I close later this week.

Thanks!
It's actually easier than you think, last year I did the same as you and I installed a new vs pump & swcg. I just measured and made a list of what I needed plumbing wise and took a trip to home depot & grabbed it all but of course I ended up making that hd run a lot in the process but was worth it!!! It wasn't pretty but it worked lol

Reactions: Stephs2125
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.