Eastern NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi TFP! I'm about to purchase an 18x33 or 18x34 (depending on model) strapless AGP and I want to make the center at least deep enough for 5ft of water, maybe 5.5ft at the most. I have searched online and surprisingly haven't found many pics or other info. If anyone here has done this can you share pics, words of wisdom, etc? I'm curious about proper slope and the distance from wall before beginning the slope, and if this is going to call for an expandable liner. Also if you can share your pool model bc I'm still shopping around and there doesn't seem to be a lot of strapless ovals, especially salt friendly ones.

Thanks in advance. It's been a long time since I've used this site.. sold our home along with pool 5 years ago and we're excited to cool off in the summer again!

I know the liners will give quite a bit but don't think they will give that much. My fear is that it will not give that much so will end up pulling the liner away from the wall. Something to think about.

Our Doughboy is a strapless oval pool. We have a 7 foot deep end and it required installing an expandable Doughboy liner. Details in my signature. Ours is an older model, but Doughboy still makes pools that accommodate deep ends.

Just wanted to say I came across your post and we are dealing with a very similar research problem. The doughboy mentioned above seems to be a good solution except I don't think is salt water compatible. I believe Radiant pools would also fit with what you are looking for - they just cost more than we are looking to spend. But they have oval pools that can have deep ends and are saltwater compatible (I believe). I haven't had much luck finding others. Caveat - I have been looking for a "Deep end" (not center) so not sure whether that changes anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.