any opinions on the jandy plus hp pump?

n8huntsman

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Im replacing my 1 HP pump and 1.5 booster pump with a single two speed pump. Does anyone have an opinion on the Jandy PlusHP? I'm looking at the PHPM2.0-2 model. I found it for $460 and my electric company offers a $200 rebate. Will that make a good pump for this situation? I havnt been able to find any online reviews.

n8scstm said:
1.5 booster pump
Do you mean a .5 hp booster pump (for a pressure side cleaner)? If so realize that the purpose of a booster pump is to provide high velocity (water pressure) but not move a lot of water at a time so replacing the two pumps with a singe pump might not be successful.

No, it's a 1.5HP booster,although there may be a better term for it. I bought the system used, fully plumbed. He told me it was a booster to the spa. By the plumbing, it looks like the 1 hp filter pump discharge goes to a valve. One side goes to the pool and the other must go to a floor heating jet in the spa. The second 1.5 HP "booster pump" looks as if it just works the jets. There are no valves, or anything. Just an inlet and an outlet. My pool is considerably smaller than the pool in which the system came out of too. 17,000 gl vs. roughly 25,000 gl.
The Booseter pump is the one on the right.

Attachments

• IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 52
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.