Any idea what pool coping this is?

mikem11

Apr 29, 2021
New Jersey
Hi all,

New pool owner here. I recently purchased a house and the pool coping is not in great shape. I'm having trouble finding replacement pieces. Can anyone help me identify what aluminum pool coping this is and where I can purchase?

Attachments

• pool-1.jpg
    pool-1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 66
  • pool-2.jpg
    pool-2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 64
Theres a few styles of this older coping, the issue is most of them are screwed on from underneath the wall cap during construction. Not meant to be removed. When they come off its usually the screws rusted out from underneath. There is a style that snaps onto a track, I can't tell which you have. You would have to remove a joint cap and look at the profile to see which you have

Reactions: mikem11
Theres a few styles of this older coping, the issue is most of them are screwed on from underneath the wall cap during construction. Not meant to be removed. When they come off its usually the screws rusted out from underneath. There is a style that snaps onto a track, I can't tell which you have. You would have to remove a joint cap and look at the profile to see which you have
Does this help? My electrician had to lift up the coping to bond the pool to the steel frame. Now I'm having trouble getting the coping back to what it was. Ideally I'd like to change the old coping but I was told the lining would have to be replaced as well. The lining was recently changed in 2018 and is in great shape. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• coping-1.jpg
    coping-1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 7
  • coping-2.jpg
    coping-2.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 7
See that rust spot in second pic? Thats where a screw once was from underneath that rotted away. Looks like it's all blind screwed from under the lip. Gonna need to be creative on this. Usually a pan head screw and a countersink bit first will help flush them down to be screwed from the top

Reactions: mikem11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.