Any experience with Pool Cleaning Parts?

alosito

Jun 24, 2019
Simi Valley, CA
I am shopping for a pump (Hayward SP3202VSP), and Google shows the lowest price at Pool Cleaning Parts? Did anybody have any experience with this vendor? If it is brand new, does it really make a difference where to purchase it from? The price at Inyopools is higher by over $110.

Never heard of them. PolyTec Pools is a known entity also based in Nevada. Might check with them.

Be sure to check how the warranty is handled by Hayward with an internet sale. Is this being installed DIY?

I currently have a Hayward Tristar pump installed. I was advised that replacing it with a new Tristar pump is very easy and a matter of unscrewing a couple of screws. So yes, I was planning to install it myself. Both Inyopool and PoolCleaningParts claim that the manufacturer's warranty will be voided if I do a DYI. Otherwise, both say it is 3 years.

JamesW is right, their address is a UPS store on Decatur and their business is not licensed by the NV Secretary of State.

Buyer beware.

If it is a brand new pump and Hayward verifies it, why would it make a difference?

How do you know you will get a brand new pump? Could be a repack? Could be a return from another build? We have even seen pumps sold as new that were assembled from two different units.

I called Hawyward, and they told me that if I provide a serial number to them, they will be able to confirm if it is brand new.

How will they know if it was returned from a job site?

All they can tell you is if it has been registered for warranty.

Contact the seller and request a copy of their business license. If they don't produce a valid license, they're operating illegally.

If they're operating illegally, what's to say they're above doing other illegal things, like ripping you off?

What if they take your money and don't send you anything?

What if they send you a defective pump and refuse to replace it?

What's your recourse?

Sue them? In what jurisdiction?

Write a scathing review on Yelp?

It's your money, only you can decide if it's worth the risk.

In my opinion, it's not worth it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It took a while to find the info to log into my Pentair warranty. I got my SWG from them. For the week that I was troubleshooting, Amazon had them on a half price sale. When I decided to buy one the ‘13 left’ was sold out and the ones they had were double the price. I found the same sale at these guys. I was not happy about losing the Amazon layer of protection but I figured it’s easy enough to dispute the credit card bill if it was bogus. Certainly worth a try for a $750 savings. It came brand new as promised in 7days like they said. (7 days seemed barabaric, but beggers can’t be choosers). They also threw in 2 end caps for cleaning. I had just purchased a cap 2 weeks earlier for $17.

Also worth noting : they were the only website I found that showed my white IC60 with a really dark tint/smoke color. I figured it might be a redesigned model and the other websites hadn’t caught up yet. The one that came was the original white model. No idea why the pics didn’t (and still don’t) match.

I found the receipt they sent with the unit. It does not have a license # or anything like that pm me your email and i can send you a pic. I can not upload (not just here either, imgur etc).

Also i can not recommend anything other than my experience with them paid off. Was i one of a few lucky ones, or are they legit ? I have no clue. If my gamble was around $100, i probably would have stuck with the safe bet. $777 of $1500 was worth it but only with a credit card as a failsafe

The website looked real and so did the confirmation emails. The ‘receipt’ made me chuckle at how generic it was (my address, their address and the part/sale #s) but I had a shiny new toy so that took most of my attention at the time. Based on Marty looking up their address as a UPS store, maybe they are just a reseller ? I’ll email anybody the receipt if they want. Maybe somebody keener than me could tell from the part #, we have a lot of eyes here, let’s put em to use

I was wondering about this store myself. It has a 10/10 stars on resellerratings, but I'm not sure if it means anything. One of the "reviewers" said that they called Pentair and was able to confirm that they are a legitimate seller of Pentair equipment. I just emailed Pentair and asked the same question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.