ants in pool after rain

emac

May 24, 2017
abbeville, SC
Anyone else get a ton of winged ants in the pool after a big rain? From what I read the flying ants are the reproductive ants and swarm when its hot, humid and typically a few days after a rain. Just curious if this is something in my area or widespread.

We had flying ants earlier this week. Seems to be subsiding. Still have the little sugar ants that like to venture out on the solar cover and drown.

I was just about to post this exact topic. It’s been an issue here for about a week. I know it’s not just my house. My entire neighborhood has been complaining on Facebook about winged ants in all of their pools. Definitely mating season because I’m seeing a bunch of them two by two in the pool still alive. I just wish I could prevent them from getting in there because I am skimming out at least 100 every morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.