Antifreeze in pump and filter

Do we need to put antifreeze in the pump and sand filter?
You do not. Not in those. You may however elect to place some pool (or RV) antifreeze in some of the plumbing. But take a look at the link below. It should help considerably. If you have more question let us know.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

No antifreeze. I remove the stoppers on the sand filter and pump and let them drain. Then I take the pump indoors for winter storage (optional, but eliminates any possibility of freezing and cuts down on rust). It's also a good time to take your pump in for maintenance. Just got a seal and bearings replaced on my 2006 pump, so I'm good to go in the spring.

Hopefully I got it updated. Thanks for the help. We drained it all this year and purchased a big heavy duty tarp and left it folded in half and covered over the pump and sand filter. We purchased the house this year and the previous owners replaced the pump last year. We replaced one of the seals bc it was kinked and leaking water tho. What all do we need to do as a routine yearly maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.