anti siphon fill valve replacement

crackers8199

Bronze Supporter
Jun 5, 2014
Lake Elsinore, CA
this is the valve on my fill line (not auto fill)...I'm wanting to replace that with an irrigation valve with solenoid so I can tie it into my zwave home automation and be able to better control how much water I'm adding (and potentially also try to rig up a homemade water level sensor to control it).

I have two questions:

1) can I just use any sprinkler anti siphon valve here with a solenoid? Lowe's has more than a few different options available, want to make sure I'm not getting the wrong thing...

2) how do I get this thing off to replace it?

Attachments

• 20210919_122456.jpg
    20210919_122456.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 16
1) yes
2) turn the water off
Cut below pvc male/slip unscrew (right)

It may be easier to screw a male/slip (left side) bring it up a few inches with pipe.
Coupler and pipe on right size same height.
screw in male/slip on both sides of valves and plop that bad boy down.
You can also use unions if your prefer.
teflon tape on threads
Primer and glue on slip

1) yes
2) turn the water off
Cut below pvc male/slip unscrew (right)

It may be easier to screw a male/slip (left side) bring it up a few inches with pipe.
Coupler and pipe on right size same height.
screw in male/slip on both sides of valves and plop that bad boy down.
You can also use unions if your prefer.
teflon tape on threads
Primer and glue on slip

my concern is that with it so close to the wall, even after i cut the right side i'm not sure i have enough room to spin the valve off on the left. i'm sure i'm missing something, but my brain hasn't been able to compute a way to get the valve off easily...

That’s probably how they originally installed it. They screwed the valve into the T with male nipple. Than screwed the T into the house. But before making that last quarter turn slapped a male/slip on the other side and turned that last quarter turn and glued slip on pvc

Reactions: crackers8199
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.