Schaumburg, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
Until this past weekend it's been horribly cold in the Chicago area, so we just now did our opening. The cover came off Saturday afternoon (unfortunately dumping a bunch of spiny seeds and algae into one end in the process) and we started filling. After taking a break overnight, the fill was complete at around 4pm Sunday. Since then I scraped the bottom with the rake/net to get rid of some of the larger detritus, ran the robot for 5 cycles, and only added the following:

3 gallons of 2-year-old 12.5% chlorine (one of which was added during the fill)
1.75 lb of Stabilizer (via sock method)
1.5 bags of salt

And the current state is below. Wind is 20-25mph, so the surface is anything but calm. But you can still plainly make out the wrinkles in the floor of our 10-year-old liner, and if you look closely in the lower right hand corner you can see what appears to be cloudiness, but is actually a pile of salt from the half-bag I added right before taking the photo, but have not yet spread around.

1652124249104.png

Current numbers just 22 hours after fill, with only the steps outlined above:
FC: 6.5
CC: 1.0
PH: 7.4
TA: 80
CH: 100
CYA: 70
Temp: 70F
Salt: 3200 (should be ~3500 after the last ~20 lbs of salt dissolves)

Ready to turn on the SWG (once FC falls a bit), crank up the heater and hop in! Another utterly painless TFP opening!

2 yr old 12% gave you FC of 6? I have to admit to being surprised you got anything! Use it up...just make sure you're using enough.
Pool looks great... wrinkle? What wrinkle... all I see is clear water! :goodjob:

Maddie :flower:

Actually it's 3 years old. Julian Date is 19107, so April 17, 2019. It's been in the basement this whole time (mid-60s and dark), but honestly, I didn't expect much. But there appears to be something left in there. At any rate, there's only 3 bottles left, so whether it's good or not doesn't really matter.

And yep, the water is super clear--just like it was at open last year, and the year before. Even after several years of the same results, it still amazes me that just draining half the water, dumping a couple of gallons in to bring FC up to SLAM levels, then throwing the cover on is literally all it takes.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.